HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

chrome bumpers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone has put some sort of chrome bumpers onto a tg. I have the plastic bumpers but I don't really like them. Is it possible to fit the early model chrome bumpers on there or does anyone know of any chrome bumpers from other cars which fit without too much hassle?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

i dont think it woudl suit the squre body shape of the tg, as the older modles are "rounder" and suit the bumpers. but i cant see why they wouldnt fit.
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

i think you might have to make custom brackets maybe
if you want chrome look try te bumpers ?
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

te bumpers look mad...i l would rather a te than a tg
Nathan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

te's are shit the dash is so basic and the tail lights look like shit
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

The dash looks better and at least TE lights dont fall apart.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

old chrome bumpers would look shit cos they are a different height and youd see all the gaps around them.

i rekon a te-g would look sweet without the bumpers, well without the rear bumper anyway, i drove around for a while while i was respraying my car with no back bumper, it think it looks great. just smooth it all out and fill the holes Very Happy
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

if you had the cash, why not get them plated. the bronzing studio in castle hill (sydney) does all that sort of stuff
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: chrome bumpers Reply with quote

chrome te bumpers bolt straight on using the te brackets. the only problem you will have is the tg's have holes in the guards to bolt the side of the plastic bumpers on, and the te guards dont. so you will have a hole in both guards, but the te bumper will commpletely cover the holes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: