HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TC Restoration help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melanie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: TC Restoration help Reply with quote

Hi,

My much loved but sadly slightly shabby blue-green '77 TC Gemini auto sedan and I are looking for someone in Melbourne (or close by) to help us get her back to her original beautiful self (or as close as possible!).

I don't have expertise or place to do work on the Gem. She has served me faithfully for 10 years, but I've had to put her off the road (though still drivable and registered) 'cos she has a number of dangerous faults.

We are hoping that there is someone out there who is looking for a new, fairly relaxed, restoration project over a couple of years who can help us out. I would be willing to negotiate terms, but would (of course) pay for parts, and agree on a fixed sum for labour, possibly to be paid as instalments at certain landmarks over the period of the restoration.

Current state? Not good, doctor. Rust in floorpan (biggest problem, obviously) and some other structural rust - auto transmission needs overhauling, as does steering, suspension and diff. So she's gonna be a huge job - probably will need to be completely stripped, body shell fixed up for rust, and then rebuilt. Not something I know how to do!

The biggest reason I'm asking on this website is that I don't want to get ripped off by a series of professional tradies who will do the minimum required and say it's all fine 'cos they think I'll only keep her for another 12-18 months... that's what's been happening til now, and she's just slowly and surely kept going downhill. Need someone who understands that I want her brought back 'cos I love her and want to keep her forever!

If you think you might be interested in taking this on, or you might know someone who does, or if you have any advice on how I can get my Gem restoration underway, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks heaps,
Mel
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Restoration help Reply with quote

good luck mel...hope you find someone to restore ya gemini to a awesome state! if your going to do it properly make sure they take the time and effort in preparing the car so it will last longer rather than another year
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Restoration help Reply with quote

email me, ive done this kinda thing before....

ill give details later, if you do.[and im in melb too].

rob_withy@hotmail.com

cheers,

rob.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Restoration help Reply with quote

Hi Mel,
I had a resto done on my TD wagon a couple of years ago(copper wagon in the show gallery) Would be happy to help with ideas and coordination of job by email (i'm in Brissie) because I've finished the journey you're about to embark on. Don't underestimate how much this will cost!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: