HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

will the......????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: will the......???? Reply with quote

... TD Coupe with a G200 - 34ADM - 28/68 cam - extractors&exhaust, get too 120km/perhr OFF THE MARK!QUICKER than the same car and engine "BUT" a G200 - Standard Cam - 34ADM - Piazza manifold & RB20 Turbo with 2.5 Exhaust???

Any good responces would be really appreciated...

cheers
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

I'd assume that the N/A version would be quicker to about 60-70kph, but after that the turbs would shatter it all over the shop. Depends how aggressive (read "BRUTAL") with the clutch you are off the line with the turbs, that would help get it on and keep it on boost in the turbos efficiency range.
As for your answer... I'd have to say the turbo - as long as the damn thing is tuned right properly.

Live fast, die sideways...
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

even my car can get to 120kph.. might take afew hours though.

TuFf
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

if the turbo is a roller bearing i would say the turbo car would be quicker.

the t03 rollers off a vg30 come on pretty quick and hard.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

They arent particularly big turbos so it would be on boost reasonably early. And it would pull pretty hard. It should hit 120km/h while the N/A hits bout 80-90km/h.
Remember turbos add alot of torque and its not that big.
GemiNick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

depends if you weld the wastegate up so it just continually boosts (hehehe 50 psi) but it mite blow up.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

My friend has done that to his 'Bits-are-missin' Starion, for a Starion it goes pretty hard, still looks crap though and bits are still missin' Wink
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

yeh GOLDTXSLEEPER, ill say that id go with your response too this situation!

i can do about 35km in 1st gear
60 in 2nd
80ish in 3rd
and 130ish in 4th
and i havent been there in 5th.

hopefully with the turbo it should be able too finish these gears in half the amount off time other than without the turbo.... (well thats wat im hoping anyway)
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

rod, if u want to know a bit about turbo sizes add me to msn roz__85@hotmail.com I have been doing a lot of reading lately on the subject and may be able to help u out!
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

I pull 110 in 3rd, you're not givin it enough willy rod!
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

yeh i know
but
i hate hearing my baby cry
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: will the......???? Reply with quote

they are not big, but big enough.

my brother had one on his old EFI 2L and it would be off the speedo midway through 4th.

as for low down performance, he is now using the turbo on his 2.6L. you can take off normally in 1st, punch 2nd and the thing just frys 2nd on 5psi with 17's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: