HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

no spark in my supercharged 2L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLO20L
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: no spark in my supercharged 2L Reply with quote

i have just finish fitting my new engine in and i am lacking spark to start the sucker.

engine accessories
opcon autorotor twin screw supercharger 134%overdriven (68teeth-29teeth) running 12-18 PSI, intercooler, triple blow of valve, 2 inch gilmer pulleys, hpc coated ACL pistons 8:1 ratio, o ringed 2L block bored 60thou over size, balenced bottem end, ported an polished 1600cc head, oversized inlet valves resostioned an oversized exhaust valves, heavy duty valve springs, custom grind waggot camshaft with adjustable valve timing, custom fabricated intake manifold, 4X13b 660cc injectors, bosh 500HP fuel pump and pre pump with a custom surge tank, VN throttle bodies and coil packs, k&n filter, hpc coated extractors into 2 and half inch system, wolf 3D computer

i am running a wolf 3D computer and i have isolated the problem to be in either my ignition moduals or coil divider. when i test my ignition moduals for voltage, with coil divider disconected it reads around 10 volts for both but when the divider is hook up there is only 2 volts in one modual and 3 in other. Is there any way to test my coil divider because the moduals should be getting 8 volts at the turn of the KEY......???
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: no spark in my supercharged 2L Reply with quote

fuck thats some technical shit. So is the voltage getting divided by 4 when you turn the key?
BLO20L
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: no spark in my supercharged 2L Reply with quote

yeah its pretty technical but it will be worth all the shit when it gets running. na the voltage shouldn't get divided by four it should just drop when divied by the 2 ignition moduals.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: no spark in my supercharged 2L Reply with quote

4X13b 660cc injectors

they only ever came 550.
bosch injectors out of old v8 mercs are 660. (opps did i say that out loud) Wink
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: no spark in my supercharged 2L Reply with quote

maybe he is using a malpassi rising rate fuel reg and running a higher base fuel level to give the higher output? also wernt the 12A injectors able to flow more fuel than the 13B ones?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: